Friday, June 13, 2008

chapter three

Parrot and mouse had many adventures in Chicago. "Chicago is a fine city for adventures," said mouse. "A fine city indeed," replied parrot, "And I like fine cities. But no city, topolina, could ever be as fine without you, not even the streets of Baudelaire or Louis Sullivan." Mouse took the pens and pencils from the knapsack and played "Hawaiian Vacation" on the turntable. It was time to sketch some adventures. "It is always difficult" said mouse. "I want to remember more than just what I draw, but all too often all other memories fade and I am just left with pencil pictures. Perhaps I shouldn't sketch." Mouse began to put the pens and pencils back into the knapsack. Parrot, smiling his most understanding smile, closed the sack (void of pens and pencils). "Topolina. Our memories may fade from mind and thought, but we will always have them in our hearts, on both sides of the heart, the right and the left. Go ahead and sketch some. I should like to see the beans and the buildings through your eyes." Mouse begrudglingly began to sketch and soon her mind wandered through her hands. "Papagallo," mouse said, "Do you remember the name of the cigar box guitarist in the Tyrol?" "No," said parrot, "Do you?" "I sure don't. But I can still feel the strumming in my pinkytoes. The right and the left!"

0 comments:

add this

Bookmark and Share